Our public health communication efforts received notable honors this month. The National Public Health Information Coalition announced the winners of the 15 Awards for Excellence in Public Health Communications, and Arizona received five awards. The awards are a given in several categories of health communications, such as media relations, Internet and new media, and radio and television public service announcements to name a few.
ADHS earned awards in the following categories:
- Gold Medal, Media Relations: Phoenix Kicks Butt Week Promotion
- Gold Medal, Special Audio Visual Projects: Voyage Trekkers – Youth Anti-Tobacco Web Video Series
- Silver Medal, Websites: Redesign of azdhs.gov
- Silver Medal, Web-Based Training: STAND, How to Tobacco-Free Parks
- Silver Medal, Crisis and Emergency Risk Communication: STAND, How to Tobacco-Free Parks
Congratulations to everyone on our team who worked on these projects!