As we mark national Suicide Prevention Awareness Month, I’m highlighting the new suicide prevention website at azhealth.gov/PreventSuicide that connects people with information and help.
- Details on groups that are disproportionately affected groups including LBGTQ, older adults, teenagers, veterans, American Indians, and those who have survived previous attempts at self harm
- Local and national resources for those in a crisis
- Data and reports on the topic
- A calendar of related events
Each page also has a link to Arizona’s Suicide Prevention Action Plan.
If you have questions or comments about the work our agency is doing to prevent suicide, please contact us at [email protected]. The following phone numbers also are available for those in a crisis:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255 or dial 988 anywhere in the U.S.
- Nacional de Prevencion del Suicidio: (888) 628-9454