Will Humble, M.P.H.
Arizona Department of Health Services
Will Humble, Director for the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), has more than 25 years experience working in the public health sector, 20 of those with ADHS. The Department provides a wide array of health related services including Arizona’s behavioral and public health systems, the Arizona State Hospital, medical and child care licensure and certification services, and the Arizona Public Health Laboratory.
Some of Will’s accomplishments include the following;
- Leading the statewide initiative to integrate public health principles and primary care into the State’s behavioral health system for persons with Serious Mental Illness.
- Led the implementation of the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act, developing a responsible program that set the stage for a successful medical marijuana program.
- Successfully directed the Arizona public health system response to the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic.
- Implemented a new nutritionally balanced food package for participants of the Arizona Women Infants and Children WIC Program to address the increasing obesity epidemic.
- Improved the Department’s emergency medical services programs, improving Stakeholder relations, initiating the development of Arizona’s new trauma system, and leading the development of public health initiatives such as cardio-cerebral resuscitation (CCR), stroke telemedicine, and cardiac care centers.
- Led interventions to improve Arizona’s vaccination rates and expanded vaccination requirements for school entry.
- Authored over 50 environmental health risk assessments and public health consultations at various environmental contamination sites, and communicated health risks to the public and media.